Tally.ERP 9, the popular accounting software, provides support for generating e-way bills as per the requirements of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) regime in India. Here’s how you can generate e-way bills in Tally:
- Enable E-Way Bill Feature: In Tally, ensure that the e-way bill feature is enabled. You can do this by going to Gateway of Tally -> F11: Features -> Statutory and Taxation -> Enable Goods and Services Tax (GST) -> Set ‘Yes’ for “Enable E-Way Bill”.
- Configure E-Way Bill Settings: After enabling the e-way bill feature, you need to configure the necessary settings related to e-way bills in Tally. This includes setting up your GSTIN, e-way bill types, transport details, and other relevant information. You can access these settings by going to Gateway of Tally -> F12: Configure -> GST -> E-Way Bill Configuration.
- Create an Invoice: Create a sales invoice or purchase invoice in Tally as you would normally do by going to Gateway of Tally -> Accounting Vouchers -> F8: Sales or F9: Purchase. Enter the details of the transaction, such as the party’s name, item details, quantity, rate, tax information, etc.
- Generate E-Way Bill: After entering the invoice details, Tally allows you to generate the e-way bill. You can do this by selecting the option “Generate E-Way Bill” in the sales or purchase invoice screen. Tally will prompt you to provide additional information required for the e-way bill, such as the transporter details, vehicle number, e-way bill validity period, etc.
- Validate and Save: After providing the required information for the e-way bill, validate the invoice to ensure that all the necessary fields are filled correctly. Tally will perform checks to ensure compliance with e-way bill requirements. If there are any errors or missing information, Tally will prompt you to correct them. Once the invoice is validated, save it.
- Print or Export E-Way Bill: Once the e-way bill is generated and the invoice is saved, you can print the e-way bill or export it in the required format. Tally allows you to generate the e-way bill in JSON or Excel format, which can be submitted to the GST portal for further processing.
It’s important to note that the specific steps and configuration may vary based on the version of Tally you are using and the updates provided by Tally Solutions to comply with changes in e-way bill regulations. Therefore, it’s recommended to refer to the official documentation or contact Tally support for the most accurate and up-to-date information on generating e-way bills in Tally.