Tally.ERP 9, the popular accounting software, provides support for generating e-invoices as per the requirements of the e-invoicing system implemented by the government. Here’s how you can generate e-invoices in Tally:
- Enable E-Invoicing: In Tally, ensure that the e-invoicing feature is enabled. You can do this by going to Gateway of Tally -> F11: Features -> Statutory and Taxation -> Enable E-Invoicing. Make sure to configure the necessary settings related to e-invoicing compliance.
- Create a Sales Voucher: Create a sales voucher as you would normally do in Tally by going to Gateway of Tally -> Accounting Vouchers -> F8: Sales. Enter the details of the sales transaction, such as the customer’s name, item details, quantity, rate, tax information, etc.
- Enable E-Invoice Mode: Before saving the sales voucher, enable the e-invoice mode. To do this, press F12 on the sales voucher screen and set the option “Enable e-invoice (JSON)” to Yes.
- Validate and Save: After enabling the e-invoice mode, validate the sales voucher to ensure that all the required information is provided. Tally will perform checks to ensure compliance with e-invoicing standards. If there are any errors or missing information, Tally will prompt you to correct them. Once the voucher is validated, save it.
- Generate E-Invoice: After saving the sales voucher, Tally will generate the e-invoice in JSON format automatically. The JSON file contains the invoice details as per the e-invoicing schema specified by the government.
- Sign and Upload E-Invoice: Once the e-invoice is generated, it needs to be digitally signed using a digital signature certificate (DSC). Tally supports the integration of digital signatures for e-invoices. After signing the e-invoice, you can upload it to the Invoice Registration Portal (IRP) or the specified government portal for further processing.
It’s important to note that the specific steps and configuration may vary based on the version of Tally you are using and the updates provided by Tally Solutions to comply with changes in e-invoicing regulations. Therefore, it’s recommended to refer to the official documentation or contact Tally support for the most accurate and up-to-date information on generating e-invoices in Tally.