To get data from Tally into Excel using ODBC (Open Database Connectivity), you need to follow these steps:
- Set up the Tally ODBC driver: Ensure that you have the Tally ODBC driver installed on your computer. This driver allows Excel to connect to the Tally database. You may need to contact Tally Solutions or refer to their documentation for instructions on obtaining and installing the driver.
- Open Excel and go to the “Data” tab in the Excel ribbon.
- Click on the “From Other Sources” button and select “From Microsoft Query” from the drop-down menu. This option allows you to establish a connection using ODBC.
- In the “Choose Data Source” window, select the “Tally ODBC Driver” (or the appropriate name of the Tally driver you have installed) and click “OK”.
- The “Query Wizard” will open, displaying available tables or views from the Tally database. Select the tables or views you want to import into Excel and click “OK”.
- If required, specify any filtering or sorting criteria for the data in the “Query Wizard” and click “Next” and then “Finish”.
- In the “Import Data” window, choose where you want to place the data in Excel (e.g., a new worksheet or an existing worksheet) and click “OK”.
- Excel will establish a connection to Tally using the ODBC driver and import the selected data into the specified location.
- The imported data will be available in Excel, and you can further manipulate, analyze, and format it as needed.
Please note that the exact steps and options may vary depending on the version of Excel and the Tally ODBC driver you are using. Additionally, ensure that you have the necessary permissions and access rights to connect to the Tally database using ODBC.
If you encounter any issues during the setup or connection process, it’s recommended to consult the documentation provided by Tally Solutions or seek assistance from their support team for specific guidance on using ODBC with Tally.